[PlanetCCRMA] unload oss sound driver problem.........

Sat Apr 17 11:52:02 2004

> > soundcore is common to OSS and ALSA, so leave it there.
>
> Opps! Then I gave bad edvice in my last email!
>
> OSS modules are named "sound-foo", whereas ALSA modules are named
> "snd-foo". I guess "soundcore" might have confused you [and me both!] ;-)

OSS modules don't have a common prefix (otherwise I would have a nice
script to try to remove them - of course that could be done by parsing
dependencies in the output of lsmod to see what depends on soundcore and
removing that, this is left as an excersice to the reader :-).

You can try to find who is using a device with "fuser", for example
"fuser /dev/dsp" should print the process id's of processes using it.

-- Fernando