[PlanetCCRMA] April 21 update mashes Jack...

Dave Phillips dlphilp@bright.net
Thu Apr 22 04:03:01 2004

Greetings:

  I upgraded to the new JACK stuff last night and was dismayed to find
that now JACK won't work. Qjackctl reports that it can't connect to the
server, and running jackstart or jackd by hand results in an 'illegal
instruction' error. I thought about removing JACK via synaptic (then
building and installing it myself) but the number of affected apps was a
show-stopper.

  I'm now stopped in my tracks until I fix the JACK problem. Did anyone
else run into this trouble with the latest & greatest from Planet C ?

  Btw, I posted inquiries to the jack-dev list last night, both pd and
joq believe the problem is related to the Planet C build, so now I'm
posting here...

Best regards,

dp