[PlanetCCRMA] Pinning

Rich Lafferty rich+ccrma@lafferty.ca
Fri Apr 30 06:38:01 2004

On Tue, Apr 27, 2004 at 01:14:56PM +0300, Jaakko H Kyro <jkyro@cs.helsinki.fi> wrote:

> Hi!
>
> Is anybody using apt pinning with the CCRMA? What kind of apt_preferences do
> you have? Does it even work with rpms? I used this feature with debian and it
> was quite nice.

I had to if it was to work at all. :-) I haven't updated in a bit, been
too busy to play around more, but when I installed I had:

Package: *
Pin: release o=Planet CCRMA Core
Pin-Priority: 999

Package: *
Pin: release o=Planet CCRMA
Pin-Priority: 999

Maybe the quotes matter? It took me a lot of wild-assed guessing to
get it to work in the first place. I haven't used atrpms, but I did have
fedora+extras+freshrpms+livna to deal with. Kick "999" to "1001" if you
want to allow downgrades.

  -Rich

--
 Ottawa, Ontario, Canada    |  Save the Pacific Northwest Tree Octopus!