[PlanetCCRMA] FC2 sourcecode "update"

Steve Harris S.W.Harris@ecs.soton.ac.uk
Sat Aug 7 03:50:03 2004

On Fri, Aug 06, 2004 at 06:37:43 -0700, Fernando Pablo Lopez-Lezcano wrote:
> [BTW, I'm testing a newer 2.6.7 kernel for FC2, looks much better in the
> latency tests, expect a release early next week]

I did play with the new redhat 2.6.7 last night, which has at least some
of the voluntary preempt patch applied, and, running jackd as root it
seemed much better than earlier kernels. With NPTL it was running OK at
512 samples / period - not great, but much better than I had before.

I haven't tried linuxthreads or the LSM module yet.

Although the voluntary preempt patch is there I couldn't find the controls
in /proc/sys/kernel, so I guess they have fixed values in the RH kernel.

I doubt it has the soft IRQ patch applied, but I didn't check.

- Steve