[PlanetCCRMA] aeolus stoped working after update

Gregory D. Weber gdweber@indiana.edu
Sun Aug 8 18:05:02 2004

I also can report that aeolus (aeolus-0.2.1-1.rhfc1.ccrma with
aeolus-stops-0.0.9-1.rhfc1.ccrma) on my FC1 is mostly working.
(The previous version of it did not.)

However, the reference to ~/.aeolusrc puzzles me.
I can't find any documentation on aeolus, either in the rpm
or on the author's web site.

When I click on the "save" button, I get this:
  Unable to open '/usr/share/aeolus/stops/aeolusrc' for writing
Of course, it can't write there because I am not operating as root.
But why is it trying to?

If I can create an ~/.aeolus outside of Aeolus, with a text editor,
what should go in it?

Also, does anybody know what the other buttons in the bottom two rows
of the Aeolus window do?  I've figured out a few -- Midi, Tuning,
Audio, and Midi off -- and Save, sort of -- but what to do with
Memory, Prev, Next, and Preset?