[PlanetCCRMA] Audio CD burning

Jonathan Segel jsegel@magneticmotorworks.com
Tue Aug 10 12:22:00 2004

>>  2) Is it possible to make XCD Roast burn audio CDs from wav files on
>  > the hard drive, and if so, how?

though in FC1 xcdroast runs in root mode only, it says to use as user
it needs to have the "full version" installed or something like that.

>  > 4) What sound card will give Linux drivers, and enable me to have
>>  SPDIF in and out with Analogue sound in and out and professional
>>  sound quality? It looks as if RME are the only business to give full
>>  support to Linux, but I have seen emails from people having trouble
>  > with even their cards. Are RME's Linux drivers reliable?
>
>Yes. With a few caveats, most of the problems I've heard about are when
>using the RME cards with laptops, the pcmcia chipset can be a problem.
>Also, sometimes RME will release a new version of the card and it will
>take a while for the new pci id to be supported by ALSA.

note: latest alsa drivers/libs/firmware seem to have fixed this. i no
longer have any problems with running cardbus rme-multiface on my
laptop.
Jonathan Segel  -- MAGNETIC -- PO Box 460816 S.F. CA. 94146-0816
   jsegel@magneticmotorworks.com <-----> magsatellite@yahoo.com
                http://www.MagneticMotorworks.com