[PlanetCCRMA] cinelerra + alsa = Segfault

rob switzer rman@pa.net
Tue Aug 10 15:01:01 2004

Hey Ron,

	I repeated the test I conducted earlier on a machine w/ a multi-channel
card (Delta 1010).

	When configured w/ the alsa driver set up for 8 channels, Cinelerra
crashes when I attempt to play the mp3 file that played earlier under
alsa on my stereo-only laptop.

	I reconfigured the Delta 1010 alsa driver with only two channels and
the result was the same.

	Under OSS and OSSenvy24 all is well in both stereo and multichannel
configurations.

	Looks like a bug to me.  Can someone else verify this just to be sure?

best,
rob