[PlanetCCRMA] problem with ALSA and RME multiface

Mark Knecht mknecht@controlnet.com
Thu Aug 12 12:29:01 2004

gryphius.ginsberg wrote:
<SNIP>

> I try to run HDSPConf and HDSPMixer with graphical interface and nothing
> happen... no message
>
>>> I'm a newbie with Linux, could you help me please ?
>>>

>> What does "cat /proc/asound/cards" show?
>> "cat /proc/asound/devices"?
>>
> [root@localhost root]# cat /proc/asound/cards
> 0 [M1x1           ]: USB-Audio - MidiSport 1x1
>                     M-Audio MidiSport 1x1 at usb-00:03.3-3.3, full speed
> 1 [DSP            ]: H-DSP - Hammerfall DSP
>                     RME Hammerfall DSP at 0x40800000, irq 11

<SNIP>

I *think* that hdspmixer is looking for card 0 by default. You either
need to tell it to look at card 1, or reconfigure your sound card order
so that the hdsp comes first and the MidiSport comes second.

I don't have an hdsp enabled system anymore to check the command line
options, but possible hdspmixer --help will tell you more.

good luck,
Mark