[PlanetCCRMA] Re: problem with ALSA and RME multiface (gryphius.ginsberg)

Justin H Haynes jhaynes@uh.edu
Fri Aug 13 10:55:02 2004

My apologies if I am behind.  I get the digest.

Gryphius, perhaps you should disable the onboard card in the bios so it
will not take that IRQ.  Or, does the bios have a hard setting for the
onboard sound?

I don't know about your motherboard, but I know my barebones shuttle's
audio was really really bad for sound applications when I tried
configuring it and comparing with my other.

It would be nice to have both since you could have one card for serious
work and the other just to listen for fun.

-Justin