[PlanetCCRMA] jackd xruns problem: solved?

Fri Aug 13 14:45:01 2004

On Fri, 2004-08-13 at 13:58, Mark Knecht wrote:
> Fernando Pablo Lopez-Lezcano wrote:
> > On Fri, 2004-08-13 at 13:05, Arthur Sosa wrote:
> >
> > There has been a lot of progress in the last few weeks. I'm currently
> > running 2.6.8rc4 plus Ingo Molnar's volutary scheduling O5 and it is
> > looking very very good. The gurus are hard at work tracking hard stuff
> > that deals with mlockall...[*]
> >
> sounds cool. Is there a path to this core (now or in the future) for a
> RH9 based machine, or do I need to rebuild it with FC1/2 first?

Seems unlikely to me. 2.6 needs a bunch of updated userland packages. It
would be possible but I don't know if it is worth the work. I have not
tried booting RH9 into 2.6 for a while so I don't know exactly what
would happen[*]. FC2 would be the only target for now.

-- Fernando

[*] for example, X configuration is different for the mouse due to
changes in how the devices are handled in 2.6.x, at least with the
default FC configuration files for building the kernel.