[PlanetCCRMA] jackd xruns problem: solved?

Fri Aug 13 17:13:01 2004

On Fri, 2004-08-13 at 15:35, Mark Knecht wrote:
> Fernando Pablo Lopez-Lezcano wrote:
> >>sounds cool. Is there a path to this core (now or in the future) for a
> >>RH9 based machine, or do I need to rebuild it with FC1/2 first?
> >

> > Seems unlikely to me. 2.6 needs a bunch of updated userland packages. It
> > would be possible but I don't know if it is worth the work. I have not
> > tried booting RH9 into 2.6 for a while so I don't know exactly what
> > would happen[*]. FC2 would be the only target for now.
>
> Cool. Reasonable response even in light of Kjetil's experience. I'm not
> up for blazzing a trail here. Just looking for more performance.
> Probably best for me to consider updating from RH9 to FC2 one of these
> days if I want to do this.

Just not yet... wait a little bit till there is a stable 2.6.x with
blazing fast realtime performance :-)

Once that is a reality (very close now) I will check to see what is
involved in running 2.6 in fc1 or rh9 (I think I did run it on rh9 with
updated user utilities but there were small details in kudzu and other
places that made for small hiccups or error messages during the boot
process). BTW, the same thing happens if you want to run 2.4.x in FC2...

-- Fernando