[PlanetCCRMA] jackd xruns problem: solved?

Steve Harris S.W.Harris@ecs.soton.ac.uk
Sat Aug 14 14:36:02 2004

On Sat, Aug 14, 2004 at 12:48:38 -0700, Fernando Pablo Lopez-Lezcano wrote:
> >  > [*] ... so no luck yet with getting a proper patch for the radeon video
> > > cards :-(
> >
> > Which kind of radeon is it? The FireGL based chips (fglrx), or the others?
> > I've got a fglrx based chip in my laptop and its a right pain generally,
> > if it hindered reatime performance that would make it even more anoying.
>
> I have a radeon mobility 7500 in my laptop and a bunch of other radeons
> on desktops (up to 9200, I think). I don't know what chipset they are
> based on, how do you find out?

I've no idea how you tell, but aprarently there are two completely
different chipsets, theres no easy eay to tell which it is from the
numbers, and the numbers are just vague performance indications.
Theres a list here
http://dri.sourceforge.net/cgi-bin/moin.cgi/ATIRadeon?action=highlight&value=CategoryHardware

I managed to end up with one with no free opengl drivers ofcourse :-/
The ATI proprietary drivers dont seem anywhere near as easy to install as
the NVidia ones. I did manage to get them to worth with the FC2 kernel but
it took quite a bit of hacking.

- Steve