[PlanetCCRMA] jackd xruns problem: solved? (FC2 2.6.7rc4 O7kernel)

Arthur Sosa arthur.sosa@email.it
Sun Aug 15 08:03:01 2004

On 14 Aug 2004 18:14:02 -0700
Fernando Pablo Lopez-Lezcano <nando@ccrma.Stanford.EDU> wrote:

>  I have the latest  and greatest (as of yesterday, 2.6.8 final was released in between :-)

And now also 2.6.8.1 and Ingo's O8 patch!
Probably they are everybody in a great hurry for the summer holidays...
You are right when you say gurus are hard working now.

>  I have just two _experimental_ packages - you have been warned, again -
>  that are available:
>    kernel#2.6.7-0.1.rc4O7.ll.rhfc2.ccrma
>    kernel-module-alsa-2.6.7-0.1.rc4O7.ll.rhfc2.ccrma

I can't see great differences between this and the previous kernel.
I must admit it seems to me my system has a little better behaviour,
and I get less xruns than before when I launch
# jackd -Rv -d alsa -n 3 -r 44100,  namely 2 or 3 per second,
but I still get those without other apps running!

I tested one more time jack with CK patches, and I don't get xruns
even under heavy load, when my CPU is sweating rendering a shot
with Cinelerra and playing music with two players and running Firefox.

Wait, I tried another time with the new Planet kernel:
# jackd --realtime -Rv -d alsa -n 5 -r 44100
and I get only a xrun per second. But I don't think it's
a quite good latency.

 Sponsor:
 Digitalpix: Il metodo pił comodo, veloce e conveniente
* per stampare le tue foto digitali migliori.
 Clicca qui: http://adv.email.it/cgi-bin/foclick.cgi?mid=1523&d=15-8