[PlanetCCRMA] jackd xruns problem: solved?

Kjetil Svalastog Matheussen k.s.matheussen@notam02.no
Mon Aug 16 07:36:00 2004

On Sat, 14 Aug 2004, Kjetil Svalastog Matheussen wrote:

> On Fri, 13 Aug 2004, Fernando Pablo Lopez-Lezcano wrote:

> > > sounds cool. Is there a path to this core (now or in the future) for a
> > > RH9 based machine, or do I need to rebuild it with FC1/2 first?
> >
> > Seems unlikely to me. 2.6 needs a bunch of updated userland packages. It
> > would be possible but I don't know if it is worth the work. I have not
> > tried booting RH9 into 2.6 for a while so I don't know exactly what
> > would happen[*]. FC2 would be the only target for now.
> >
> I have been running 2.6 on my RH8 machine since 2203 or something. Don't
> think it was that much trouble. Some packages had to be updated, but I
> think there where rpms for most of it. I used
> a nice tutorial I found on the web someplace, and everything went
> pretty smooth. But I guess was lucky though.
>
> Found the tutorial:
> http://kerneltrap.org/node/view/799

Just a note. I didn't write this because I think you should add
2.6 packages to planet-ccrma for RH9. But in case anyone with
RH9 or RH8 would like to try 2.6, the tutorial above really works. :)

BTW, I'm planning to upgrade to FC2 as soon as there is full
planet-ccrma support for it. 2.6 is really great, regarding, well,
everything, at the moment. And RH8 is a bit old.