[PlanetCCRMA] back again, FC2

Sun Aug 22 15:58:01 2004

On Sun, 2004-08-22 at 15:40, Aaron wrote:
> I am trying Fedora again so I am back with the Planet.
>
> I just installed the FC2 kernel etc.
>
> When I run alsaconf I get the following errors:
> Starting sequencer FATAL: Error inserting snd_seq
> (/lib/modules/2.6.7-1.437.1.ll
> .rhfc2.ccrmasmp/updates/acore/seq/snd-seq.ko): Unknown symbol in module,
> or unkn own parameter (see dmesg)
>                                                            [FAILED]
> Starting sequencer driver snd-emu10k1-synth WARNING: Error inserting
> snd_seq (/l
> ib/modules/2.6.7-1.437.1.ll.rhfc2.ccrmasmp/updates/acore/seq/snd-seq.ko): Unknow n symbol in module, or unknown parameter (see dmesg)
> WARNING: Error inserting snd_seq_midi_emul

Hmmm, looks like a problem in the snd-seq module for the smp kernel.
What do you see in the output of "dmesg"?

> Restoring sound driver settings /usr/sbin/alsactl: set_control:797:
> warning: num id mismatch (68/69) for control #68
> /usr/sbin/alsactl: set_control:797: warning: numid mismatch (70/71) for
> control #70
> /usr/sbin/alsactl: set_control:805: warning: name mismatch (3D Control
> Sigmatel - Depth/Mic Select) for control #71
> /usr/sbin/alsactl: set_control:805: warning: name mismatch (3D Control
> Sigmatel - Rear Depth/3D Control Sigmatel - Depth) for control #72
> /usr/sbin/alsactl: set_control:805: warning: name mismatch (Sigmatel
> 4-Speaker S tereo Playback Switch/3D Control Sigmatel - Rear Depth) for
> control #73
> /usr/sbin/alsactl: set_control:892: bad control.73.value type
>                                                            [FAILED]
> Setting default volumes...

This is fine, a change in the naming of the defaults from the original
alsa shipped with the fedora kernel to the one in Planet CCRMA.
"/usr/sbin alsactl store" should store the new values.

BTW, it is not necessary (or should not be) to run alsaconf again as FC2
comes with alsa by default. I have to include that in the install
instructions, have not found the time to do that yet (most probably I'll
do that this coming week).

-- Fernando