[PlanetCCRMA] amplitude overload problems

abi zerogrado@virgilio.it
Mon Aug 23 14:43:01 2004

Oded Ben-Tal a écrit :

it could be a broblem of bit depth, I had the same problem and I solved
forcing jack with
16bit depth (my samples are at 16bit). If you don't use jack see the pd
manual :

Pd's audio signals are internally kept as 32-bit floating point numbers,
so you have all the dynamic range you could want. However, depending on
your hardware, audio I/O is usually limited to 16 or 24 bits. Inputs all
appear between the values of -1 and 1; and output values will be clipped
to that range. Pd assumes a sample rate of 44100 unless you override
this ( in Pd's command line or in the "audio setup" dialog).

Pd can read or write samples to files either in 16-bit or 24-bit fixed
point or in 32-bit floating point, in WAV, AIFF, or AU format, via the
soundfiler, readsf, and writesf objects.

ciao
abi