[PlanetCCRMA] Multiple versions of "up2date"

Mark Knecht markknecht@comcast.net
Tue Aug 24 16:01:01 2004

On Tue, 2004-08-24 at 15:45, Fernando Pablo Lopez-Lezcano wrote:
> On Tue, 2004-08-24 at 14:39, Mark Knecht wrote:
> >    I'm updating my 12 year old's Planet machine today. (back to school
> > time, 'eh?) Anyway, I an apt-get update and then apt-get upgrade and
> > things were going along fine, but about 1/2 way through 180 packages it
> > quit. I rebooted and tried apt-get update again and got the message
> > about multiple versions of up2date.
> >
> >    How do I recover from this?
>
> First let's make sure you have multiple versions. Just do a:
>   rpm -q up2date
> If you do, then you can remove _all_ of them by:
>   rpm -e --allmatches up2date
> I don't know why this may have happened. Did you get an error message
> when the original update quit?
>
> -- Fernando

Hi Fernando,
   Well, there are two copies:

up2date-3.0.7-1
up2date-3.0.7.2-1

rpm -e --allmatches up2date failed for dependencies. (firstboot, others,
etc...)

There were no messages. The machien just hung for 30 minutes or so with
no activity and top said the system was 100% idle.

So, how do I proceed?

Thanks!

- Mark