[PlanetCCRMA] Help - zombification and such like!

Steve Harris S.W.Harris@ecs.soton.ac.uk
Wed Aug 25 03:47:02 2004

On Wed, Aug 25, 2004 at 10:29:32 +0100, C Cooper wrote:
> > > Having added some audio parts to a mostly midi project, Muse almost
> > > invariably hangs when play is pressed.  It prints an error message in
> > > the terminal (something like jack: zombified - exiting).
>
> > The Muse+jack problem is because muse is exceeding its realtime slot - you
> > proably need to increase the period size (frames/period in qjackctl). Also
> > make sure jackd is really running in realtime mode.
>
> No luck I'm afraid :( - both of these done and muse still hangs.
>
> This couldn't be a kernel problem could it?  Maybe I should use
> capabilities instead of the ccrma kernel, or is that just silly?

You need to use capabilities as well as the CCRMA kernel. but if youre
running jackstart and its not giving errors then you are.

It could be a kernel problem, if the kernel is not allowing jackd to run
with the right scheduling options, or doesn't have the low latency
patches, but hte CCRMA one does.

At this point I would suspect its a bug in Muse.

- Steve