[PlanetCCRMA] jackd xruns problem: solved? (FC2 2.6.8.1+P9 kernel)

Wed Aug 25 19:18:01 2004

On Tue, 2004-08-24 at 22:58, Fernando Pablo Lopez-Lezcano wrote:
> On Tue, 2004-08-24 at 22:40, Aaron wrote:
> > Hi Fernando,
> > In your opinion should I try this new kernel or wait?
> > I have a smb pentium III, but If this is unstable..
>
> Well, I don't know (if it is stable). I have not had a chance to test on
> a true multiprocessor machine yet (I'm not running fc2 on production
> machines so I have to grab one, get another disk and install fc2 to be
> able to test). Most probably tomorrow. Stay tuned :-)

Well, no joy.

Dual Athlon MP, ASUS mobo, Matrox 450 video card, dri enabled,
2.6.8.1+P9 SMP kernel == no boot. Some interrupts get routed to high
numbers (ethernet in my case, IRQ#185) and just don't work (very similar
to what I saw booting the SMP kernel in a uniprocessor machine). The
system boots into the SMP kernel with "acpi=off" or "pci=noacpi", but
there are problems. With that, glxgears running and qjackctl running
jack realtime I get an almost immediate lockup, does not respond to
sysrq. Booting into the UP kernel is not that better. It survives a lot
longer but eventually locks up, apparently due to a different dri
related problem. Booting into the UP kernel with DRI off works fine...

-- Fernando