[PlanetCCRMA] Re: Fc2 -- Rezound

Fri Aug 27 12:09:01 2004

On Fri, 2004-08-27 at 10:06, Fernando Pablo Lopez-Lezcano wrote:
> On Fri, 2004-08-27 at 08:40, Matt Barber wrote:
> > I'm gonna try a couple of other things with it
> > today - there's a patch in the source tree for fixing some of the gl
> > errors you might get building the rezound standalone (read the README) -
> > note that these are different errors than the one Fernando reported, so
> > I'm thinking the new version has fixed some stuff... for building
> > standalone my problem was a missing library (/usr/lib/libfox.a), so that
> > may be remedied fairly easily hopefully;  there may be errors after that
> > one I didn't get to yet.  I'll try the patch, and to see if I can find
> > missing libraries, and report... right now it seems to be working in
> > jack without the --enable-standalone flag.
>
> I started working yesterday on 0.10.0beta. I had to add soundtouch (as
> it can use it, and after all I had been meaning to add it to Planet
> CCRMA) and I updated fox to 1.2.9. But while rezound 0.10.0beta builds
> fine on fc2, it has problems building in fc1 (bison quits with a i/o
> error!) and rh9 (what I've tested so far). You can't win....... :-(

I've solved both[*] so I guess a release is coming up soon...
-- Fernando

[*] fc1 requires an explicit m4 build requirement, otherwise bison is
very unhappy. rh9 s trickier, libtiff's ldconfig run does not create all
.so needed links, I had to just do things manually, will look at a
proper solution some other time.