[PlanetCCRMA] 2.6 kernel; jack, ecasound

Matt Barber brbrofsvl@aol.com
Fri Aug 27 19:31:02 2004

->Do other jack apps work?
Which kernel are you using? Are you loading the realcap kernel module?

It would seem that the jack client is not getting the right privileges
from jack to go realtime. <-

realcap is up:

#chkconfig --list realcap
realcap         0:off   1:off   2:on    3:on    4:on    5:on    6:off

other jack apps work.  So far it's just ecasound - the man page claims
it has to have root privileges to go rt, but that seems like it should
be preempted by the realcap module.  I can use rezound for the same
purposes, I think - it's just more than happy to zombify more often than
I'd like it to.

Matt