[PlanetCCRMA] New User: FC1 Install (booting) Problems and possible solutions

Sun Aug 29 20:49:01 2004

On Sun, 2004-08-29 at 20:28, Louis Lam wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've tried to place ignore=hde at the end of the
> kernel   line for the ccrma kernel inside the menu.lst
> file (i have DeMuDi on my system). But when I boot
> with the ccrma FC1 kernel it is still getting hung
> after the line:
> hde: attached ide-disk driver
>
> I've attached my menu.lst file, could it be a mistake
> in the configuration?

I would put the additional option before "rhgb", which invoques the
graphical boot program in fedora. I don't know what rhgb will do with
additional kernel arguments, probably ignore them?

I would also try "hde=ignore"...
-- Fernando