[PlanetCCRMA] Does Ardour have latency compensation?

Timo Sivula timo.sivula@luukku.com
Mon Dec 6 16:29:01 2004

Hello,

while testing my El-Cheapo system I found out that the minimum stable
latency I can achieve is 65.3 ms with r 47040 n 3 and p 1024. Anything
lower that gives occasional xruns.

When playing along to my guide track in Ardour I found this 65 ms
latency present in the mixodown. I have a miditrack with no drums, only
a click, and I play drums listening to that click. When I then listen to
that recording I can hear that the drums are lagging just a little bit
behind the click. I assume it is the 65 ms latency, not me :-), that is
lagging.

Does Ardour have a method to compensate for this latency so that I do
not have to do it manually? All parameters are known, so it should be a
trivial excercise for Ardour to automatically shift the tracks in time
relative to each other to remove the shift.

Is Ardour capable of this?

br, Timo