[PlanetCCRMA] Re: OT - General FC2/RPM/apt question

Artem Baguinski artm@v2.nl
Thu Dec 9 15:01:02 2004

Mark Knecht <markknecht@gmail.com> writes:

> Hi,
>    None music question. I'm setting up my son's Christmas computer and
> wondering how people go about getting new packages installed for
> non-music applications.
>
>    Is there a way to point apt/Synaptic at some other repositories
> that have RPMs for FC2? I don't want to download RPMs and go back into
> dependency hell.
>
>    Do you only use the original CDs?
>
>    Some other way?
>
>    How do you all get new stuff downloaded when it's a non-Planet app?

i have the following in my /etc/apt/sources.list [1]

you can enable and disable the lines from synaptic, that's why i split
some repositories in several lines. Fresh RPMs was giving me troubles
- they are too fresh i guess. livna is for stuff like mp3 support.

i've switched off planetccrma's core / updates because i pull those
from fedora.us

ah, yeah, and macromedia is for flash plugin. i wish i havent ;-)

[1] -----------------------------------------------------------------------

# Package repository URLs

# Planet CCRMA for Fedora Core 2
# Main site, CCRMA, California, USA

# rpm http://ccrma.stanford.edu/planetccrma/apt/ fedora/2/i386 core updates
rpm http://ccrma.stanford.edu/planetccrma/apt/ fedora/2/i386 planetccrma
rpm http://ccrma.stanford.edu/planetccrma/apt/ fedora/2/i386 planetcore
rpm-src http://ccrma.stanford.edu/planetccrma/apt/ fedora/2/i386 planetccrma

# Livna (non US packages)

rpm http://rpm.livna.org/ fedora/2/i386 stable
rpm-src http://rpm.livna.org/ fedora/2/i386 stable

rpm http://rpm.livna.org/ fedora/2/i386 unstable
rpm-src http://rpm.livna.org/ fedora/2/i386 unstable

rpm http://rpm.livna.org/ fedora/2/i386 testing
rpm-src http://rpm.livna.org/ fedora/2/i386 testing

# Macromedia

rpm http://macromedia.mplug.org/apt/ fedora/2 macromedia

# Fresh RPMs

# rpm http://ayo.freshrpms.net/ fedora/linux/2/i386 core updates freshrpms
# rpm http://ayo.freshrpms.net/ fedora/linux/2/i386 tupdates
# rpm-src http://ayo.freshrpms.net/ fedora/linux/2/i386 core updates freshrpms
# rpm-src http://ayo.freshrpms.net/ fedora/linux/2/i386 tupdates

# fedora.us mirror

rpm ftp://ftp.quicknet.nl/pub/Linux/ftp.fedora.us/fedora/ fedora/2/i386 os stable updates
rpm-src ftp://ftp.quicknet.nl/pub/Linux/ftp.fedora.us/fedora/ fedora/2/i386 os stable updates

rpm ftp://ftp.quicknet.nl/pub/Linux/ftp.fedora.us/fedora/ fedora/2/i386 unstable
rpm-src ftp://ftp.quicknet.nl/pub/Linux/ftp.fedora.us/fedora/ fedora/2/i386 unstable

rpm ftp://ftp.quicknet.nl/pub/Linux/ftp.fedora.us/fedora/ fedora/2/i386 testing
rpm-src ftp://ftp.quicknet.nl/pub/Linux/ftp.fedora.us/fedora/ fedora/2/i386 testing

Artem Baguinski:                         http://www.artm.org/
V2_Lab:                                  http://lab.v2.nl/
V2_ Organisation for the Unstable Media: http://www.v2.nl/