[PlanetCCRMA] Re: updated: liblo, jamin; added: sooperlooper, qmidiarp, qt33

Dave Phillips dlphilp@bright.net
Mon Dec 13 04:01:02 2004

Christian Frisson wrote:

>Whatever I enable or disable when configuring, compiling ends shortly right
>here:
>/usr/lib/qt-3.3.3/bin/uic -L ../../muse/widgets -o organguibase.cpp -impl
>organguibase.h organguibase.ui
>/usr/lib/qt-3.3.3/bin/uic: relocation error: /usr/lib/qt-3.3.3/bin/uic:
>undefined symbol: _ZNK7QString3argExii
>make[5]: *** [organguibase.lo] Erreur 127
>
>Any idea?

Hi Christian:

  I have a lot of experience with that particular error. I google'd it
and found very little to help correct it, so I ended up doing a
completely clean installation of Qt (with the threads option) to the
/usr/local hierarchy. I then followed the MusE build instructions
*exactly* as Werner indicates. IIRC a number of environment variables
need to be set, including QTDIR and LD_LIBRARY_PATH. If you do not set
the lib path you'll get relocation error: I'm not sure if this is a
problem with GCC or Qt, but setting that variable is necessary.

  Note that I did not use the Planet C sources for either Qt 3.3 or
MusE, I downloaded and built them from the packages available at their
Web homes. However, the build system was Planet C's RH 9.

Best,

dp