[PlanetCCRMA] support for usb audio card

Duke Jonathan Jason sysnon@tin.it
Tue Dec 21 11:20:02 2004

<head>
</head>
I tried today to do the things u suggested,<br>
and I started investigating a bit,<br>
I''ll soon paste the output, and what I did, since I cannot recall
exactly,<br>
'cause now I'm in xp, and the email with address is here.<br>
from what I can actually remember,<br>
the mixer recognizes only device 0, which is the SiS ac97 internal
audio card,<br>
some apps see just two devices, the other is the modem,<br>
but as I told u the usb is seen in different contexts,<br>
such as hardware info, or in proc dir, with its folder,<br>
inside there's for example a oss_mixer (can't recall the exact name)
and all is put to zero.<br>
I went however in different places now I can't recall, and checked also
the info on usb audio on alsa project site,<br>
not so easy for me to understand how to approach the issue anyway.<br>
the less /proc/asound/modules command gave snd_usb_audio as info<br>
and also <br>
I tried changing in xmms the output (default arts), to alsa, then
configuring it, I could see only two devices, but three mixers available<br>
giving a alsamixer -c 2 or alsamixer -c PCRA give a no mixer feedback<br>
well, will be needed more effort and time to try to implement this on
linux<br>
for now, very thanks<br>
fonse006 wrote:
    <pre wrap="">===== Original Message From Duke Jonathan Jason <a class="moz-txt-link-rfc2396E" href="mailto:sysnon@tin.it">&lt;sysnon@tin.it&gt;</a> =====
I must add that lookin in info center,
in the sound location,
there is this voice under card config section

EDIROL PCR-A at usb-0000:00:03.1-1.1, full speed

    </pre>
  <pre wrap=""><!---->It looks like your midi decvice is at least recognized by your system
info center, at least to my knowledge does not provide you with all the
information.  What other things have you tried in order to get sound out of
the device.  Have you run alsamixer yet,  your sound card might just need the
volume levels adjusted.  Of course with a usb sound card there may not be a
mixer.  If that does not work. Try this command- less /proc/asound/modules
there should be something like snd_usb_audio in the file. If the correct
module is loaded then let us know what you are doing to test audio playback.
BTW you might want to consider browsing around in the /proc filesystem if you
are not familliar with it you can find almost any piece if information about
your system in the /proc tree, info center only gives you a small portion of
that information.  Anyways, let us know what happens
Adam

  </pre>
    <pre wrap="">and at midi devices voice there's

2: PCR-A

how I would select it?

Duke Jonathan Jason wrote:

    </pre>
      <pre wrap="">hello there, I managed succesfully to install fc3 on laptop, (doing
nofb at start of installation, otherwise blank screen),
all went nice, now I'd like to see how to make my pcr a30
(<a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://www.edirol.com/products/info/pcra30.html">http://www.edirol.com/products/info/pcra30.html</a>) recognized by the
system,
obviously, as u can see from the page, linux isn't supported...... :)

any way through this lack?

thanks a lot for any suggestion

---
Virus Database (VPS): 0451-2, 17/12/2004
Tested on: 18/12/2004 12.43.47
<a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://www.avast.com">http://www.avast.com</a>

    </pre>
  <pre wrap=""><!---->

  </pre>

<BR><BR>
<TABLE width=400><HR>
<P style="FONT: 9pt/11pt verdana"><a href="http://www.avast.com">avast! Antivirus</a>: Outbound message clean.
<P style="FONT: 8pt/11pt verdana">Virus Database (VPS): 0452-0, 21/12/2004<BR>Tested on: 21/12/2004 20.16.32<BR><FONT color=gray>avast! - copyright (c) 2000-2004 ALWIL Software.</FONT></P>
<TBODY></TBODY></TABLE>
<BR>