[PlanetCCRMA] added: planet ho ho ho!

Sun Dec 26 15:47:01 2004

On Sun, 2004-12-26 at 10:08, Janina Sajka wrote:
> Fernando Lopez-Lezcano writes:
> > Hi all... well, have you all been good during this past year? Or have
> > you been naughty? :-) ;-) :-)
>
> I respectfully refuse to answer this question on the grounds that any
> answer given might tend to incriminate me ... <grin>
>
> Nevertheless, ...

Well, I don't have access yet to Santa's good/naughty ip address
database so anyone can download stuff (for now).

> > Preliminary, dangerous and exciting kernel and initial package support
> > for Fedora Core 3 is now available.
>
> Alleluia! Et gracia!
>
> Appears to want to boot here, but dies over a 3ware driver (which I need to
> mount /home. Possible it's not compiled?

Which version of the 3ware card do you have? The drivers are apparently
there, they are named 3w-xxxx and 3x-9xxx. What happens when you try to
modprobe them? Any errors?

> In any case, can you make the source rpm available?
> I would also like to try patching my speech interface--which has been
> proving easier to add under 2.6 kernels.

It's available now at:
http://ccrma.stanford.edu/planetccrma/mirror/all/linux/SRPMS/kernel-2.6.9-2.1.rdtV0.7.33_04.src.rpm

-- Fernnado