[PlanetCCRMA] fc3: kernel update

Tue Dec 28 16:39:01 2004

On Tue, 2004-12-28 at 13:35, Kevin Ernste wrote:
> Hi Fernando -
>
> I'm on FC3 using 2.6.8.1-1.520.2vS7.ll with only a few caveates
> mentioned previously with respect to the HDSPmixer.  I would love to
> upgrade but both kernels fail to boot for me, stopping at:
>
> Uncompressing kernel...OK
> audit {XXXX:XXX} initialized
>
> ...that's the message approzimately as there seems to be no record in
> the boot log or dmesgs.  I'll take a closer look at the kernel
> changelog and see if anything sticks out.

Try to make it print more information by disabling the graphical boot,
when in the grub prompt select the new kernel, press "e" to edit, then
go to the kernel line, press "e" again and erase the "rhgb quiet" part
at the end of the line. Press <enter> and then "b" (for boot).

> Could this be a hardware thing, mobo/chipset?  My setup:
>
> ASUS P4GE-V mobo (ICH4 bridge)
> P4 2.4
> DDR RAM
> RME HDSP PCI

Hard to know without more information about what is going on in the boot
process.

-- Fernando