[PlanetCCRMA] udpated: fc2 kernel/jack, muse for fc1/rh9, new fc3 packages

Shayne O'Connor forums@machinehasnoagenda.com
Tue Dec 28 16:46:01 2004

On Wed, 2004-12-29 at 11:09, Fernando Lopez-Lezcano wrote:
> On Tue, 2004-12-28 at 15:22, Shayne O'Connor wrote:

> > > hi fernando - are there kernel source packages available for this so i
> > > can compile my nvidia video driver?
>
> I don't that is necessary any more, the information needed to build
> external drivers is supposedly included in the binary package.
>
> > also, this kernel will not mount my usb bus - it says that the usb filesystem
> > is not supported with this kernel ... is usb support not compiled in?
>
> Yes, it is, but I think the only thing affected is the mount of
> /proc/usb/, the kernel should see all the usb devices anyway. The name
> of the internal filesystem for usb changed from usbdevfs to usbfs in
> recent kernels. You should be able to manually (be careful!) edit
> /etc/rc.d/rc.sysinit to change usbdevfs to usbfs. But that would not
> work with the older kernels, of course. I could release an updated
> initscripts package but that is such a core package I hesitate to do
> that.
>
> -- Fernando

ok - that worked for the usb problem, but when i try to install the nvidia drivers, it tells
me it can't find "kernel.h" (kernel headers, i guess). where should i point the installer to to find
what it needs - i thought it was in /usr/src/linux ?