[PlanetCCRMA] nvidia drivers and kernel 2.6.9-2.2.rdt

Shayne O'Connor forums@machinehasnoagenda.com
Wed Dec 29 00:35:01 2004

On Wed, 2004-12-29 at 18:48, Fernando Lopez-Lezcano wrote:
> Patricio (de la Cuadra) tracked this issue:
>   http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/printthread.php?t=42593
> (we also had problems trying to configure multiple soundcards under FC3 but
> that's another story)
>
> Regretfully the problem should affect the latest low latency kernel for FC2/FC3
> as it is based indeed in 2.6.0-rc3-mm1 plus the realtime preempt patch from Ingo.
>
> No immediate solution except for YAKR (Yet Another Kernel Rebuild).
> -- Fernando

... i'd just been coming to the conclusion that things weren't looking good - but i was operating under
the impression that there may have been a solution with some patched nvidia drivers that are available:

http://ngc891.blogdns.net/index.php?2004/10/22/20-linux-269-bk6-breaks-nvidia-driver-again

but these are obviously not for the right kernel (kept getting the same error - "cannot load module nvidia.ko")

anyway, i can live without the 3d acceleration at the moment (even though mixxx might become sluggish), because this kernel with all its accoutrements
looks like it may have fixed the instability of audio on my system (incessant x-runs). the irq thing also made some sanity out of my irq allocation, giving my audio card the best spot ever (well, irq 17).

keep up the good work fernando, it looks like fc2 is coming along ... am planning a big report soon, but at the moment i've got a dislocated shoulder and ... well, it hurts to type. bloody xmas :(

shayne