[PlanetCCRMA] fc3: kernel update

Janina Sajka janina@rednote.net
Wed Dec 29 15:03:01 2004

Fernando Lopez-Lezcano writes:
> On Wed, 2004-12-29 at 12:35, Janina Sajka wrote:
> > >
> > > There is some conflict between the packages you have installed and the
> > > Planet CCRMA ones that apt cannot really resolve (without messing up
> > > your machine!).
> > >
> > > What are the packages it wants to install? Try installing each one of
> > > them explicitly to see what is the effect. We have to track which
> > > dependency is currently triggering this problem.
> > >
> > The problems are dev and modutils. See below.
>
> Aha!
>
> You have the fedora core 2 repositories somewhere in your apt
> sources.list (this also happened to me in early tests :-) Check
> /etc/apt/sources.list and (depending on which version of apt you have
> installed /etc/apt/sources.list.d/*

So true, and now fixed. Much better. dist-upgrade just put back the two
files I had swapped out earlier today with the incorrect source-list
pointer.

FYI, I am getting the checksum error from apt-get update:

Err http://ccrma.stanford.edu fedora/3/i386/planetccrma srclist
  404 Not Found
Failed to fetch
http://ccrma.stanford.edu/planetccrma/apt/fedora/3/i386/base/srclist.planetccrma
404 Not Found
Reading Package Lists... Done
Building Dependency Tree... Done
W: Release file did not contain checksum information for
http://ccrma.stanford.edu/planetccrma/apt/fedora/3/i386/base/srclist.planetccrma
E: Some index files failed to download, they have been ignored, or old
ones used instead.

--

				Janina Sajka, Chair
				Accessibility Workgroup

janina@freestandards.org	Phone: +1 202.494.7040

If Linux doesn't solve your computing problem, you need a different problem.