OT: security was Re: [PlanetCCRMA] Re: apt-get segfault

Guy Daniel CLOTILDE guy.clotilde@wanadoo.fr
Mon Feb 2 02:17:01 2004

Fernando Pablo Lopez-Lezcano wrote / a écrit:
> > > I'm thinking about a corrupted file... is there a Linux utility to
> > > check for file
> > integrity? Fernando, you pointed to 'rpm -V -a' . Does it check the
> > integrity of the files? (I didn't find the answer to this question
> > in 'man rpm' )
>
> Yes, that is what it does, it checks md5sum, permissions and a couple
> of other things and prints any discrepancies to the terminal. Try it
> out.
>
> -- Fernando

OK, wget and rpm were bad, and some .pyc files.
I was able to unpack a rpm package, copy the rpm binary to /usr/bin, then 'rpm -e wget' and then 'apt-get install wget'
But now I'm quite worried... So I beg the mailing list for advice to detect if I've been rooted on my machine.

Here an output of
netstat -ap | egrep -i 'LISTEN|upd'
----------------------------
(Tous les processus ne peuvent être identifiés, les infos sur les processu
non possédés ne seront pas affichées, vous devez être root pour les voir t
tcp        0      0 *:xtel                  *:*                     LISTEN
tcp        0      0 *:printer               *:*                     LISTEN
tcp        0      0 *:9098                  *:*                     LISTEN
tcp        0      0 *:9099                  *:*                     LISTEN
tcp        0      0 *:x11                   *:*                     LISTEN
unix  2      [ ACC ]     STREAM     LISTENING     988    -
unix  2      [ ACC ]     STREAM     LISTENING     1066   -
unix  2      [ ACC ]     STREAM     LISTENING     1116   -
unix  2      [ ACC ]     STREAM     LISTENING     1125   -
unix  2      [ ACC ]     STREAM     LISTENING     1201   740/ssh-agent
unix  2      [ ACC ]     STREAM     LISTENING     1248   760/sylpheed
unix  2      [ ACC ]     STREAM     LISTENING     1256   755/galeon-bin
unix  2      [ ACC ]     STREAM     LISTENING     1267   762/gconfd-1
unix  2      [ ACC ]     STREAM     LISTENING     1310   788/oafd

Why is there an ssh-agent? Is it normal?
What other command should I type to know if something bad happened?

I deeply thank in advance for the replies.

cheers
GuyCLO~