[PlanetCCRMA] do I really have to downgrade the kernel?

Steve Harris S.W.Harris@ecs.soton.ac.uk
Tue Feb 3 09:42:01 2004

On Tue, Feb 03, 2004 at 05:33:53 +0000, C Cooper wrote:
> What that seems to say is that in order to install the latest muse,
> apt-get wants to give me a kernel older than my current one - 2.4.20-24
> instead of 22-6.  Also it wants to install midishare.  Is that right?  If
> so, is there a way I can do this without downgrading the kernel?

I get this two - I've no idea why - it wont actually do it, but if you let
it do what it wants to it will complain about out-of-sync paages or
something and make you run "apt-get -f install" which fixes it IIRC. It
happens everytime I upgrade my kernel, but I've not got round to finding
out why.

- Steve