[PlanetCCRMA] How to allow multiple applications to output audio at once...

Guy Daniel CLOTILDE guy.clotilde@wanadoo.fr
Tue Feb 3 20:35:02 2004

> > The current situation: if I run them through OSS or Alsa, Psi seems
> > to queue the sounds,
> > then at the end of the XMMS track, the sounds are played at which
> > point XMMS complains that it can't access the sound device.
> > Has anyone else had this problem, and/or found a solution? Would
> > Jack enable me to do what I want, or have I got Alsa configured
> > wrongly?

Well I have the same problem on my desktop machine (ensoniq 5880 audio pci) but not on my laptop (onboard yamaha dsxg)...
I just found a workaround pointing to the audio device ES1371 DAC for one app, and to ES1371 DAC2/ADC. As you can see, my sound card is seen like it is two audio devices, and I can access both at the same time. I don't know if this apply for you.
Some cards seem to accept more than one audio flux at time with alsa...

GuyCLO~