[PlanetCCRMA] qjackctl (was: xmms-jack 0.7)

Steve Harris S.W.Harris@ecs.soton.ac.uk
Fri Feb 6 04:23:01 2004

On Thu, Feb 05, 2004 at 05:15:44 -0800, Fernando Pablo Lopez-Lezcano wrote:
> > This way one avoids having several GUI instances for
> > qjackctl, if your wish is to wrap jackd pre-activation for just-in-time
> > desktop jack applications ;)
>
> Yup, you got it! :-)
> I was thinking (again!!) on the best way to add menu entries for jack
> apps and started along the line of "well, a script could be written that
> checks for..." and so on. And then I thought "Qjackctl!!" :-)

You should check with taybin and paul, they were looking into adding stuff
into libjack to support just-in-time jackd starting - I can remeber what
they decided though.

I think you should still go ahead with this, but you might want to make
sure the two techniques dont clash.

- Steve