[PlanetCCRMA] terminatorX help

Tim Moody timmoody@sympatico.ca
Fri Feb 6 05:57:01 2004

--=====================_357125==_.ALT

I just installed Planet ccrma using apt-get install
planetccrma-audiovideoapps on Fedora Core 1 and have done apt-get upgrade
so kernel is 2.4.24-1.ll.rhfc1.ccrma . When I try to run terminatorX (as
root) I get the following. I tried chmod u+s but it makes no difference. I
have tried both jackd -d alsa and jackstart

[root@neptune root]# terminatorX
terminatorX Release 3.81 - Copyright (C) 1999-2003 by Alexander K?nig
terminatorX comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY - for details read the license.
warning: failed to load external entity "/root/.terminatorXrc"
tX: err: Error parsing terminatorXrc.
tX: Failed loading terminatorXrc - trying to load old binary rc.
* tX_error: This binary doesn't support running suid-root.
* tX_error: Reconfigure with --enable-capabilities or --enable-suidroot if
you really want that.

I welcome any help.
Thanks,
Tim

--=====================_357125==_.ALT

I just installed Planet ccrma using apt-get install
planetccrma-audiovideoapps on Fedora Core 1 and have done apt-get upgrade
so kernel is 2.4.24-1.ll.rhfc1.ccrma . When I try to run terminatorX (as
root) I get the following. I tried chmod u+s but it makes no difference.
I have tried both jackd -d alsa and jackstart<br>
[root@neptune root]# terminatorX <br>
terminatorX Release 3.81 - Copyright (C) 1999-2003 by Alexander K?nig
terminatorX comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY - for details read the
license. <br>
warning: failed to load external entity &quot;/root/.terminatorXrc&quot;
tX: err: Error parsing terminatorXrc. <br>
tX: Failed loading terminatorXrc - trying to load old binary rc. <br>
* tX_error: This binary doesn't support running suid-root. <br>
* tX_error: Reconfigure with --enable-capabilities or --enable-suidroot
if you really want that.<br>
I welcome any help.<br>
Thanks, <br>
Tim<br>