[PlanetCCRMA] AGAIN: can I have the sound triggered by parallel port?

Steve Harris S.W.Harris@ecs.soton.ac.uk
Sat Feb 7 13:12:00 2004

On Sat, Feb 07, 2004 at 05:14:56 +0100, Christoph Lehmann wrote:
> Hi
>
> Since it is really important to me: If I output the sound directly
> (realtime), eg. with Csound:
> can I have the output triggered by a TTL signal received at the
> parallel-port,means the next sound is only played after receiveing a TTL
> signal on LPT?
>
> What would be an approach to get this working? Any recommendation (which
> are feasible) are welcomed! Or any hint to a tool which can do this ;)

I dont know of any premade tools that will do it, but reading the parallel
port is pretty easy. You might find you can use pd to read the parallel
port and generate midi (or OSC) messages to trigger csound, otherwise you
(or someone) will have to do a bit of coding.

- Steve