[PlanetCCRMA] pcm error

thomas gorbach thomas.gorbach@t0.or.at
Sat Feb 14 09:09:01 2004

Fernando Pablo Lopez-Lezcano schrieb:

 >> I installed Fedora Core1 and CCRMA packages.
 >>
 >> I get sound with my rme Hammerfall soundcard.
 >

 > What is it you are using to test sound?

The problem is solved.

I test sound with play and aplay, both sucessfully.

 >> But if i start pd i get following error message:
 >>
 >> couldn't open MIDI input device 0
 >> couldn't open MIDI output device 0
 >> opened 0 MIDI input device(s) and 0 MIDI output device(s).
 >> snd_pcm_open (input): No such device
 >> snd_pcm_open (output): No such device
 >> pd: pcm.c:952: snd_pcm_start: Assertion `pcm' failed.
 >> Pd: signal 6
 >> socket receive error: Connection reset by peer (104)
 >> Abgebrochen
 >>
 >> also if i want to start jack with:
 >>
 >> jackstart -R -d alsa -d hw -r 44100
 >>
 >> i get error messages like:
 >>
 >> JACK compiled with System V SHM support
 >> apparent rate = 44100
 >> creating alsa driver ... hw|hw|1024|2|44100|0|0|nomon|swmeter|rt|32bit
 >> jackstart: pcm.c:687: snd_pcm_nonblock: Assertion `pcm' failed.
 >> Abgebrochen
 >>
 >> How can i load the snd-pcm part ?
 >

 > It does not look like alsa is running. Have you configured alsa as per
 > the instructions in the web site? Is alsa starting correctly? (for
 > example, do you have a directory named "/proc/asound"?). What are the
 > contents of your /etc/modules.conf? What kernel modules do you have
 > loaded? ("/sbin/lsmod")

The pcm-errors where solved when i did alsaconf after reboot.

Like i said i have sound and can play with pd. The midi section i didn't
try until now.

Another question is concerning the hdsp-thing. It seems that pd is
working without hdsp, but are there important reasons to install it
correctly ?

If i do hdspconf i get:

Looking for HDSP cards :
Card 0 : RME Digi9652 at 0xe0000000, irq 9
No Hammerfall DSP card found.

Thomas