[PlanetCCRMA] Trouble with cinelerra

Tim Currie tim@algernonsystems.com
Mon Feb 16 17:25:02 2004

Hi!
   I can't seem to get cinelerra to start. The splash screen comes up
and a buch of messages fly by at the bottom, then it closes. The
interface never opens.

   Using the version from the repositor(y|ies), this is what I get:

[tcurrie@hamster tcurrie]$ cinelerra
Cinelerra 1.1.8 Sun Dec 21 21:26:48 PST 2003 (C)2003 Heroine Virtual Ltd.

Cinelerra is free software, covered by the GNU General Public License,
and you are welcome to change it and/or distribute copies of it under
certain conditions. There is absolutely no warranty for Cinelerra.
Illegal instruction

   So, I uninstalled it and downloaded the source. It compiled without a
hitch, but it doesn't do anything more than the first:

[tcurrie@hamster tcurrie]$ cinelerra
Cinelerra 1.1.9 Mon Feb 16 19:28:59 EST 2004 (C)2003 Heroine Virtual Ltd.

Cinelerra is free software, covered by the GNU General Public License,
and you are welcome to change it and/or distribute copies of it under
certain conditions. There is absolutely no warranty for Cinelerra.
signal_entry: got SIGSEGV execution table 3:
     MWindow::create_objects 1
     MWindow::create_objects 1
     MWindow::create_objects 1
signal_entry: lock table 0
BC_Signals::dump_buffers: buffer table 0
SigHandler::signal_handler total files=0
Segmentation fault

Hints? Guesses? Suggestions?

-Tim

--
Proprietary software is like petrified wood. It used to be alive, but
then it was fixed in time and put in a box. GNU/Linux software, in