[PlanetCCRMA] dist-upgrade question

Mark Knecht mknecht@controlnet.com
Fri Feb 20 11:36:02 2004

Joe Hartley wrote:
> On 20 Feb 2004 10:05:07 -0800
> tom poe <tompoe@amihost.com> wrote:
>
>>When I tried to do the dist-upgrade command,
>>$> You don't have enough space in /var/cache/apt/archives
>>
>>I ran the command, df and got this:
>>/dev/hda3 has 10% used /home
>>/dev/hda6 has 49% used /var
>>
>>Seems like I might be able to adjust the two space allocations, maybe?
>>If so, what are the options to do this?
>

> More important than percentages are the actual space left.  Find
> that with a "df -k" command, which will give you output like this:

I found a cool little app the other day called fsv which stands for
'File System Visualizer'. It provides a very cool little 3D graphical
picture of how your disk is being used. I got rid of about 2GB of old
stuff on my Windows network that I had forgotten was there in jsut a few
minutes. It works across Samba mounts and follows links as far as I can
tell.

It's not a file manager, in the sense that all it does is provide a
picture. You can then clean stuff up quickly from the command line or
whatever way makes most sense to you.

If nothing else, the interface is fun.

-:-) Mark