[PlanetCCRMA] jack keeps getting zombified

David Ames notpicky@123mail.org
Thu Feb 26 22:13:00 2004

Hi all --

I'm using using the RH 9 ccrma kernel along with jack, hydrogen and
muse.  I start jack as described on the website, and muse and hydrogen
with no flags.  Everything works great but sometimes I'll hit play on
the muse transport controls and the program will freeze and the terminal
window will say that jack is zombified.  What's strange is that this
seems to be happening with exponentially increasing frequency.  Any
clues why?  I've uninstalled and reinstalled everything from the
repository and it makes no difference.  Could it be because my hard
drive is only 5200 rpms?  (I am using audio recording on muse -- 1 or 2
tracks, and fluidsynth).

Thanks,
David