[PlanetCCRMA] question on mplayer dependency

Kim Woodward kwoodward2@cox.net
Fri Feb 27 06:31:00 2004

Hi All,

I am just starting out with PlanetCCRMA.

Try as I may I cannot get mplayer to function.  I originally performed an
"apt-get install planetccrma-audiovideoapps" without having a TV card
available because I knew that I would be putting one in my system very
shortly.  Now that I have a TV card in the system I find that mplayer is not
available.

I get the following error when attempting to install mplayer

# apt-get install mplayer mplayer-gui mplayer-skin-default
Reading Package Lists... Done
Building Dependency Tree... Done
Package mplayer has no available version, but exists in the database.
This typically means that the package was mentioned in a dependency and
never uploaded, has been obsoleted or is not available with the contents
of sources.list
E: Package mplayer has no installation candidate
#

Any idea of how I get mplayer to be installed?

K. Woodward