[PlanetCCRMA] JACK 0.94 with RH9, 2.6.3 kernel, and Intel 810

Michael Henderson pingswept@yahoo.com
Sat Feb 28 12:16:01 2004

--- Fernando Pablo Lopez-Lezcano
<nando@ccrma.Stanford.EDU> wrote:
> can't
> onboard
> how to
[ . . .]

> Which version of alsa do you have installed?
> ("rpm -q -a |grep ^alsa")
> Are the ALSA device files there? "ls -l /dev/snd/"
> -- Fernando

Hi Fernando,

    I have version 1.0.2 installed:

[root@chemp /]# rpm -q -a | grep ^alsa
alsa-lib-1.0.2-1

The sort-of-good news is that /dev/snd doesn't exist:

[root@chemp /]# cd /dev/snd
bash: cd: /dev/snd: No such file or directory

    What the devil does this mean? XMMS plays mp3s
fine-- doesn't that go through /dev/snd? <starts
typing furiously into Google search box>

Michael