[PlanetCCRMA] Cinelerra failure

Mon Jun 14 18:02:02 2004

On Mon, 2004-06-14 at 07:43, Knut-H=?iso-8859-1?Q?=E5vard_Aksnes?=
wrote:
> Cinelerra fails for me in strange ways.
> All recent versions of cinelerra have some or all of these problems.
>
> cinelerra used to work fine just after installation, but after the first
> preload run from cron it failed during startup, before the main windows
> started. The situation now is that cinelerra still fails in this way after
> preload. To make it start at all even just after rpm -Uvh i need to avoid
> catalog.

Is this FC2? You mean the prelink run?

> My architecture is i686 (One 1 GHz intel coppermine processor) 256 M ram
> and over 4Gb swap) The system is operated offline and upgraded using the
> 2004-04-25 CD's, manually updating based on the ChangeLog since then.

Which OS version and which version of cinelerra? ("rpm -q cinelerra" to
find out). The current version is 1.2.0-1. Older versions had problems
with one plugin in tap-plugins, make sure you are running the latest
tap-plugins (0.5.0-1 currently).

-- Fernando