[PlanetCCRMA] Problems starting Jack with RME

Pablo Silva isorritmia@yahoo.com.mx
Thu Mar 4 16:21:02 2004

 Hi!

I wonder if anybody here might care to lend me a hand in getting my RME Digi96PAD card running
under Jack. My card appears to be correctly installed and recognized, which is to say I can get
sound out with the test instruction mentioned on the PlanetCCRMA page (aplay -device="plughw"
soundfile.wav). However, there is something bizarre:

- No digital inputs or outputs are present in either the console alsamixer application or the
graphic gamix

As comes to Jack, it seems to be unable to connect to  the card at all through alsa. Below I
reproduce the messages I get and the command line I use (taken from the Jack site as recommended
for RME cards).

I'd really appreciate any help you can give me, as I'm at the end of my knowledge here...

Thanks

Pablo
______________________________
command: jackd -v -d alsa -d hw:0 -p 64

which produces in my system the following:
getting driver descriptor from /usr/lib/jack/jack_alsa.so
getting driver descriptor from /usr/lib/jack/jack_dummy.so
jackd 0.94.0
Copyright 2001-2003 Paul Davis and others.
jackd comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY

registered builtin port type 32 bit float mono audio
running with uid=0 and euid=0, will not try to use capabilites
new client: alsa_pcm, id = 1 type 1 @ 0x8064198 fd = -1
creating alsa driver ... hw:0|hw:0|64|2|48000|0|0|nomon|swmeter|rt|32bit
control device hw:0
configuring for 48000Hz, period = 64 frames, buffer = 2 periods
ALSA: cannot set period size to 64 frames for capture
ALSA: cannot configure capture channel
cannot load driver module alsa