[PlanetCCRMA] Pure Data /Cooling Fan

Mon Mar 8 09:21:02 2004

> Last week I downloaded the Planet CCRMA audio applications for Fedora
> Core 1 (date of the file 20031124) and noticed that the application Pure
> data and its family was not included in the ISO Image - apt nor synaptic
> can't find it, I myself tried and couldīt find the rpms in the CD's. I'm
> working in a system not connected to the network.
> I was wonderig if this last ISO release (date of the file 20040306)
> includes Pure Data and its family.

It includes everything......
(the old one also had pd, bt the number of external collections was
smaller).

> I installed the Planet CCRMA Kernel as well as the ALSA Sound Drivers.
> As I'm working on a Laptop, I checked the cooling fan following the
> documentation and It was not working after the kernel upgrade. I turned
> off ACPI in grub.conf and is still not working. What should I do? I'm
> working on a IBM ThinkPad R40.

In addition to Steve's the suggestion you could try to monitor the
temperature of the cpu (it could be that the cpu is not hot enough to
actually turn on the fan). When running with acpi on try:

  cat /proc/acpi/thermal_zone/THRM/temperature

That should show you the current temperature of the cpu as reported by
the acpi subsystem.

Another option is to try to install and boot into the redhat kernel and
see if that makes a difference (and also compare the behavior with
Windows if you have it installed).

-- Fernando