[PlanetCCRMA] Still no sound ...

Bruce Elliott belliott4488@comcast.net
Thu Mar 11 04:43:02 2004

--------------010608020103080200050403

Yes, the mixer settings looked okay; at least, they looked like what I'd
expect.

I don't think I have anything else running that would interfere with the
sound card, but I don't know what esd is ...

- bruce

Steve Harris wrote:

>On Wed, Mar 10, 2004 at 11:27:32 -0500, Bruce Elliott wrote:
>

>>Hi, Planet CCRMAnians,
>>
>>I joined the planet at the end of last year, and was doing okay until I
>>got to the step of installing Jack.  That didn't work, ALSA stopped
>>working, I got frustrated, and I've just been working with a silent PC
>>for the past few months.
>>
>>I'm ready to try again, but I don't know how far back in the process to
>>go.  I've done apt-get dist-upgrade, so I think I'm up-to-date.  Alsa
>>seems to be running, but I get no sound when I try aplay
>>-device="plughw" soundfile.wav.
>>

>Have you checked the mixer settings? Hve you ckecked you dont have esd or
>similar runngin?
>
>- Steve

--------------010608020103080200050403

<head>
  <title></title>
</head>
Yes, the mixer settings looked okay; at least, they looked like what
I'd expect.<br>
I don't think I have anything else running that would interfere with
the sound card, but I don't know what esd is ...<br>
- bruce<br>
Steve Harris wrote:<br>
 cite="mid20040311102558.GA21586@login.ecs.soton.ac.uk">
I joined the planet at the end of last year, and was doing okay until I
got to the step of installing Jack.  That didn't work, ALSA stopped
working, I got frustrated, and I've just been working with a silent PC
for the past few months.

I'm ready to try again, but I don't know how far back in the process to
go.  I've done apt-get dist-upgrade, so I think I'm up-to-date.  Alsa
seems to be running, but I get no sound when I try aplay
-device="plughw" soundfile.wav.
    </pre>
  <pre wrap=""><!---->