[PlanetCCRMA] FC1 System Hangs after CCRMA installation

Greg Reddin gtreddin@yahoo.com
Fri Mar 12 07:34:01 2004

--- Fernando Pablo Lopez-Lezcano <nando@ccrma.Stanford.EDU> wrote:
> Ok, keep us updated. What motherboard do you have? If it is an
> Nforce2
> based one maybe you could also try another kernel boot option
> called
> "nolapic", see:
>
> http://www.ussg.iu.edu/hypermail/linux/kernel/0308.2/1878.html
> http://lists.samba.org/archive/linux/2004-January/009351.html

I'm going to tentatively call the problem fixed.  I added the "noapic
nolapic acpi=off" to the end of my kernel boot parameters and the
system has been running for almost 24hours now without a hitch.

My mobo is the one described in the second link above: Asus A7N8X
Deluxe (NForce2).

Thank you so much for the quick and accurate information.

Greg