[PlanetCCRMA] OpenMusic 4.7.2.beta released

Francois Dechelle Francois.Dechelle@ircam.fr
Mon Mar 15 07:36:01 2004

Le lun 15/03/2004 à 13:01, Francois Dechelle a écrit :

> I'll try to give it a run under gdb to get an idea where it crashes.
> I'll let you know.

I haven't done that yet (need to reboot), but I have the confirmation
that when running under planetccrma kernel, the never-quitting lisp
process launched by OpenMusic is looping in a function that comes from
/lib/libpthread-0.10.so (I've attached gdb to the running process and
checked with the maps to know where it has been interrupted).

This means I guess that we have no solution than to recompile it using
nptl...

> > I spent two full days trying to do that and failed (before I found the
> > workaround). I managed to get things to compile but I could never get it
> > to run without crashing at startup.
>
> Interesting. Did it crash on every platform, or only on Fedora? May be
> it was the same problem as the one I had.
>
> I'll also have a look at CMUCL mailing lists to see if someone is
> mentioning Fedora.

I found that:
http://news.gmane.org/group/gmane.lisp.cmucl.general/last=/force_load=t
plus messages titled "CMUCL segfaults on Fedora Linux".

Looks like someone has done it. I'll check further.

François