[PlanetCCRMA] OpenMusic 4.7.2.beta released

Francois Dechelle Francois.Dechelle@ircam.fr
Tue Mar 16 01:01:02 2004

Le lun 15/03/2004 à 18:48, Fernando Pablo Lopez-Lezcano a écrit :

> > I found that:
> >
> http://news.gmane.org/group/gmane.lisp.cmucl.general/last=/force_load=t
> > plus messages titled "CMUCL segfaults on Fedora Linux".
> >
> > Looks like someone has done it. I'll check further.
>
> Great!, there is an image there posted there that actually runs on FC1
> without apparent problems. I'll see if the software builds on top of
> that.
>
> Apparently the problem was with where fc1 puts shared libraries in
> memory, for some reason cmucl conflicts with that, moving the starting
> place where it allocates from (or something like that) apparently
> fixes
> the problem.

Hi,

Do you mean the image located at:
http://home.cern.ch/mrohne/cmucl-2003-12-x86-linux.tar.gz ?

And, yes, the problem seems to be with the address at which fc1 loads
the libraries. But in this case, I don't understand how it works with
planet ccrma kernel and not with the others. It should not work in any
case. Bizarre.

François